I just spent two days in a LOT of sessions about digital marketing. Here are a few takeaways:
- You don't need to be on Pinterest, even though absolutely everybody else is on Pinterest. No, really. Why are you all still talking about Pinterest?
- Twitter is still awesome.
- People like to be "surprised and delighted". I know, I was shocked too.
- Google+ isn't popular because Google is too transparent about their Big Brotherness. Stop telling us what creepily accurate analytics we can get from it, and maybe someone will start using it for fun, you guys. (Okay, that one is less of a takeaway and more of my own opinion.)(They're trying so HARD though, I feel bad for them.)(Not bad enough to spend much time on G+ though.)
- The modern attention span rivals that of a goldfish. My toe is itchy. What was I talking about again?
- Puppies and kittens are always a marketing winner.
- Facebook is a mess.
- I don't see how the economy is still suffering, with all the e-shopping people are apparently doing.
- Mall shopping is still fun. That one isn't so much a "conference" takeaway as a "we went shopping after the conference" takeaway.
There, now you guys don't have to go to any conferences on digital marketing. I have served a useful purpose!