And...here we go!
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a dog. What? It was a rare subterranean species of dog. The, um, canis undergroundeous. Look, don't make it MY fault if you don't know your local flora and fauna."
2. "That may be an antiparticle, son, that may even be a positron, but that ain't no matter."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, and nobody really figured out why it had been hovering in midair in the first place."
4. "An enormous belch issued forth from the hold of the Spanish galleon."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness and IT WASN'T ATTACHED TO ANYTHING."
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, happy accidents usually involve the inebriated."
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to re-reading World War Z (no, not really), tomorrow my plans include re-reading Twilight (again, not really) and Sunday, I want to find a book that doesn't suck or scare the crap out of me!