I don't think she reads very closely. I make shit up all the time.
Anyway, here are the rules:
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Uh-huh. Well, since I don't want to venture into TMI territory (that's for Tuesdays), I am listing 10 things I don't give a shit about. Honestly.
1. The Golden Globes. I only know they were on because of Twitter. To be totally honest (which is apparently what this is about), I don't even know what the Golden Globes are an award for. TV?
2. By extension, pretty much any other award show. I don't even care enough to find out who wins after they're over, never mind dedicating a whole precious evening to watching them.
3. Canadian politics. I swear, I try to do my civic duty. And I vote every time so I guess I care for like, a week and a half. But other than that - meh.
4. Brangelina, TomKat, or any other couple in Hollywood. Or any POTENTIAL couple, or who's shacking up with who, or anything else that belongs on a gossip mag. I've never seen an episode of the Hills, I don't know who you're talking about. And I don't care.
5. Television in general. This is a recent phenomenon; I used to love it. Then I started watching my shows on DVD. Now, we have the 8th season of CSI that's been sitting there still in the cellophane since it came out.
6. Finding a new and better job. Really, I should probably care about this. I've been at the same place for a total of 10 years over a span of 16, and it's somewhat limiting. But I like my job, it's comfortable and we're not starving and finding a new one seems like a whole lot of WORK. I mean, if something falls into my lap - if someone wants to pay me to blog, for instance - I'll do that. But otherwise, this'll do for
the rest of my life now.
7. Sports. Sorry. Not even hockey.
Especially not hockey.
8. How other people live their lives. Seriously. I do not care if you're gay/bi/polyamorous/have a harem of goats. I don't care if you do drugs, drink to excess, or have had 19 children. I do care if you're selling drugs on my block, or driving drunk, or otherwise affecting my life in some negative way. But other than that, have at 'er. I realize this is a bit of a foreign concept to some people, so if we're in conversation and you feel the need to sound off about your neighbour's parenting techniques, stop and ask yourself: Does Keely really care? Or should I use my mouth for something useful, like stuffing a jelly doughnut into?
(Psst, MIL, the answer is B)
9. If my kid's socks match or his hair is combed.
10. Whether or not I'm supposed to tag people for memes.*
*(But I do like BEING tagged, so don't feel threatened)
**(Also, if you want to BE tagged, take the meme. Go on. You know you want to)