I got tagged with the "7 facts" meme again by Ken over at Dad to Two, which means I'm either way more fascinating than previously suggested or the blogosphere is starting to run out of people to tag. Or Ken is a big
stalker fan, which might explain the pizza delivery van that has been parked outside my house all week. *waves*
So without further ado (ado! It's 'ado', people, not adieu! Get it right!), 7 more
totally fabricated scintillating factoids about yours truly:
1) I don't grind my teeth, but I clench them. Motherhood seems to have exacerbated this little habit, so much so that by the time my kid is a teenager I'll have shattered my teeth into tiny pieces and be sporting a full chrome grill, yo. I figure when my kid's a teenager, I'll be wanting to smash my own face in with a waffle iron anyway, so really - same outcome.
2) I have a tattoo on my left wrist, which I was dissatisfied with the instant the tattoo artist finished it. It also didn't heal well, and part of it got infected so there is a big chunk of colour missing. I have never gone to get it touched up and probably never will, because FUCK, that hurt.
3) I'm not big on regrets. I can probably count on one hand the amount of things I regret about my life. I'm also not all that familiar with it's kissing cousin, Guilt, although that one blindsides me once in a while. When I was a kid, we spent a lot of time at the lake catching frogs, which we would corral into Mom's roasting pans (I've no idea whether she roasted things in them subsequently. I'm guessing probably). One time I had no lid for the pan so I put a sheet of glass over it and promptly forgot the dozens of tiny lives I had so wantonly collected. Guess how that one turned out for the frogs?
Anyway, I felt SO guilty about it that twenty years later in art school I made a piece to work through my angst over those poor frogs. When I produced it for critique my grad friend said, "It's about your childhood, right?"
"Well, yes," I admitted, surprised. "How did you know?"
"We're artists," he said. "Everything is about our childhoods."
4) I have the most useless university degree ever created, a Bachelor of
Fuck All Fine Arts. It's so useless you can't even make it better by getting a Masters. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every second of it, and I wouldn't change a thing.
5) I often skip the number 5.
6) I have hairy toes.
7) In 2003 I wandered around New Zealand and Australia for several months with a friend of mine. I was dating some guy who made me promise to come back, so I did, and then he broke up with me. THAT is something I actually do regret, although if I hadn't come back I wouldn't have my husband or my son. So I guess I don't regret it, except sometimes when my kid wakes me up again at 3am, I secretly wonder what's going on in Byron Bay.
So now I get to tag a bunch of other people, except I'm going to change the meme, because it's my blog and I can do that (can too!). I still want to know 7 things about these people, but I want to know 7 things about them when they were a teenager. Don't worry, I'll fess up too, tomorrow as part of abdpbt's List Mondays.